A Great Location
- Sussex has the best weather in the UK! More sun, less rain, higher temps
- Under 50 miles to London, 14 from Brighton, & 5 mins from an A road
- Haywards Heath Stn (15 mins) is just 40 mins from Victoria & 20 from Brighton
A Beautiful Area
- Deep in beautiful countryside on a rural working farm
- A long farm track takes you through picturesque fields and past wandering herds of Alpacas
- to a large camping meadow overlooking a series of picturesque lakes
A Lovely Campsite
- Every generous pitch has its own fire pit for your personal enjoyment
- An intimate site ideal for couples friends and family groups
- Surrounded by open fields and of course, our beautiful Alpacas
- Loos & Hot Showers
- A covered area for hot-water washing up
- Off grid for an authentic camping experience
- Lots of space to play games and have fun
- a muddy wood with tree swings and dens
- A farm wild-life safari (there really is a camel!)
On Your Doorstep
- direct access to The Mid Sussex Border Path
- Just 10 mins to The Five Bells Pub at Chailey
- walk to Newick & it’s 3 pubs (!), shop & bakery
- 5 mins from the Bluebell Railway & Ntl Trust’s Sheffield Park Gardens.
- Close to Brighton, The South Downs and surrounded by Sussex Vineyards
- In the heart of Sussex, so a great base for exploration
- “hands – face – space” will likely continue & masks in shared spaces will be mandatory
- Our policy of low density camping means SD guidelines are easily achieved
- We will continue with sanitising and hand washing stations thru the site.
Peace of Mind
- We have negotiated a cancellation policy that you can choose at the end of the booking process
- We will still honour our own cancellation policy, but this should provide the peace of mind against the unexpected
Other things to know
– Please do not feed or herd the animals on the farm, it’s their home!
– There are no rubbish bins on site and we ask that all rubbish is taken away.
– Please only use existing fire pits and do not bring your own wood. Bags of logs are available to buy on site.
– No disposable barbecues. They wreck the grass, make food taste horrible and are bad for the environment
– Swimming is not permitted in the lake at Alpaca Camp
Dogs-on-a-lead are fine, but please respect there are other animals on the farm so they must be well behaved.