Have you been thinking of a weekend away on a camping holiday but it’s too much hassle getting everything together and remembering to bring the children at the same time? We have some top tips to help!
- Arrive with plenty of time before the sun goes down. It will be easier to pitch your tent before the kids start getting hungry
- Involve the children in putting up the tent, if they’re old enough to put the tent pegs in or blowing up beds
- Even if the weather is set for a good weekend, make sure to bring plenty of socks and warm clothes as it can get chilly during the evening, wellies are a must!
- Bring games for the children to play during the day e.g. football, frisbee, rounders set, books, board games, cards, giant jenga, bikes
- Make meals before you leave for your trip to make life easy. Check out our list of easy camping meals!
- Bring a ‘sick kit’ including wipes, kitchen roll, first aid items
- Plenty of snacks! As the kids will be running round most of the day, they will need snacks to tide them over in between meal times
- Bucket/Potty for those middle of the night emergencies
Use the time outside you have together to explore nature & make life long memories.